The Joomla! Project is proud to announce the release of Joomla! 3.7, the latest in the ‘Joomla! 3’ series. This new release features over 700 improvements to the popular CMS, including many features which make administration of Joomla! Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as several security updates.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the brand new design of the joomla.org homepage! And it’s not only about a new design, the content has been refreshed to make it easy to discover the Joomla! World and more easily find the information you may need.
With over 700 improvements, including fantastic new features like custom fields, a multilingual association manager and an improved workflow, Joomla! 3.7 is clearly something to celebrate and it is easy to see why it has the Joomla! Community very excited.
We have now released the Alpha 2 version of the new 3.7 release. We moved the date a week to include some more features and now we think we have all features merged. That doesn’t mean that all is perfectly running. There are issues to fix and we need a lot more testing. But we are thinking that the state is good enough that we can publish the version and ask for help in testing.
With the “Custom Fields” feature we had a good experience in merging it into a release early. Having it published and available for a larger group of people speeds up the process of making a feature better and solid.
Joomla! 3.6.5 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla! which addresses three security vulnerabilities, miscellaneous security hardening and three bug fixes; no further changes have been made compared to the Joomla! 3.6.4 release. We strongly recommend that you update your sites.
What’s in 3.6.5
Version 3.6.5 is released to address three security issues, miscellaneous security hardening and three bugs.
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority – Core – Elevated Privileges (affecting Joomla! 1.6.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Low Priority – Core – Shell Upload (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Low Priority – Core – Information Disclosure (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.6.4) More information »
- Security Hardening More information »
- [#12817] Fix Joomla Updater for Windows Users
- [#12984] Fix installation language for sr-YU
- [#12589] and [#13127] Fix default values for user creation on installation
Please see the documentation wiki for FAQ’s regarding the 3.6.5 release.